Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's Jazz Fest time in New Orleans


"Jazz Man" - Original Oil, 36" x 24"

While we couldn't make it to Jazz Fest in New Orleans this year, my husband and I got to experience it last year. So this year I have to live it vicariously through snippets on CNN and through wonderful pictures taken by some great photographers on "Flickr." (Go to Flickr and check them out by searching Jazz Fest!)

In this painting I tried to capture the soul and energy that is poured into a performance. These are triumphant moments for these musicians who have spent many long years on the road perfecting their craft. Only in New Orleans, can you see and hear the best jazz, rock, blues, zydeco, and Cajun musicians in the world, all gathered in one spot.

To see more of my New Orleans paintings, please visit my website at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and remarks are welcomed!