Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mardi Gras Images, a Montage in Oil

Recently, I have been painting some wide panoramic scenes of New Orleans. This painting was done for a Nola resident and combines his favorite Mardi Gras impressions into one view. St. Louis Cathedral, a Krewe of Zulu float, French Quarter balconies, Second Line dancers, and a brass band all flow together to create this 6 Foot wide piece.

My favorite image in this painting is the "Flambeau," or torch, carrier. It is a Mardi Gras tradition that I was unfamiliar with, until I did this painting.

I welcome these types of commissions because it gives me a chance to get to know the customers as we work together on creating pieces that have meaning for them.

To see more of my work, or to commission an original please visit my website at:
www.dianemillsap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and remarks are welcomed!