Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Orleans Treme Musicians

More and more, I have become engrossed in the music of Louisiana, blues, jazz, Cajun, Zydeco, funk...... I find that I want to incorporate that interest into my scenes of New Orleans. After experiencing the unique 2nd line Brass Bands at this year's French Quarter Fest, and after faithfully watching the HBO series, "Treme," I came up with this painting. It's entitled "Musicians of Treme."

Treme is a virtual breeding ground for New Orleans jazz. Instruments and skills are passed on from one generation to another. Playing gigs is not just work, it's a way of life. It's done for the love of the music, not just a paycheck. It's so inspirational, so natural...just to play music because that's part of who you are!















See more of my New Orleans art at my Website: www.dianemillsap.com
Buy my prints at Fine Art America




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and remarks are welcomed!