Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Zydeco with Warren Prejean by Diane Millsap

Cajun, Zydeco, and Louisiana roots music are my favorites. I love the vitality and rhythm. When my husband and I are in New Orleans we always gravitate to the clubs where these bands are appearing. When we are at home in Illinois, we try to take in all the Zydeco festivals we can find. Last summer at "Gumbo Ya Ya" in Rock Island Illinois we were fortunate to hear Mr. Warren Prejean Sr. from Lafayette, Louisiana. He was kind enough to give me permission to paint this portrait of him.This portrait has since been made into a giclee print by Art.com, and has just been selected as an EBSQ "Art of the Day" award. Warren is a great performer and and he really connects with an audience. I hope that I captured his warmth and enthusiasm in this painting.

http://www.ebsqart.com/ArtOfTheDay/cmd_20081230_ArtOfTheDay.htm
Visit my website at www.dianemillsap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and remarks are welcomed!